Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My angel

His name is Henry Thomas Welsh.  His due date was May 17, 2012.  His nursery was going to be decorated in Noah's Ark theme.  He would have been 19 months younger than his big brother.  They would have been best friends.  I was 20 weeks and 6 days pregnant with him when we learned that his little heart was no longer beating.  Sometime between December 7 and January 4, God decided that my little blessing was needed back in Heaven.  I felt his kicks and his turns.  He heard my voice and that of his Dada's.  He knows he was loved so very much.  His big brother, Conner, would point to my belly, say "watsat?" (His way of asking What's That?)  And then he would lift my shirt and kiss his baby brother.  The physical pain of his passing is nearly gone, but the emotional pain is very strong and will stay around forever, I'm sure.  We are going to bury our sweet peanut on Saturday, in Lousiville, Ky.  He will be buried with his great grandmother, my wonderful Nanny.  I'm sure she is already holding him in Heaven, rocking him with the sweet boy she lost as well.

I can't express how much the outpouring of support and love has meant to me and Graham.  Without it, we would be lost.  Even though we may not respond to all of the messages, texts, emails, calls, notes, flowers, and letters, each one is treasured and appreciated beyond measure.  Everyone, from friends, family, doctors, hospitals, and even the funeral home has been exceedingly kind.

I don't understand this tragedy, and may never will.  But I will take the words I read in a poem, and hold them dear to my heart:  "Daddy please don't look so sad, and Mommy please don't cry.  I'm in the arms of Jesus and he's singing me lullabies."

6 comments:

  1. We love you all so much and are so sorry for your loss. This blog post brought me to tears, Melissa, you are so strong. There is no sweeter knowledge than knowing that Jesus is caring for our sweet angel Henry Thomas. You all are in our prayers and we are sending lots of love your way. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awsome tribute to Henry your little one. God Bless you all! You are such a beutiful person. I am so sorry for you're loss. I love you so much, you are such an inspiration!
    Thank You,
    Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa...I worked with your mother a few years back. I am so sorry for your loss...I can't imagine the pain you must be going through. I will keep you and your family close in thought and prayer. God Bless...Marybeth Tilley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your unborn son. I will keep you all in my prayers.
    Monica Briselli

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart aches for you and Graham. I wish that I could say something to ease your pain, but everything I come up with seems so insufficient. Just know that if you need ANYTHING I am here! I love you with all my heart, and am hoping for peace for you and Graham. I can not think of a better resting spot for Henry than right next to Nanny and Papa at the most beautiful cemetery I have ever seen! Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete