Sunday, April 17, 2011

Prunes and Peas

Because I posted yesterday that Conner wasn't rolling over from his stomach to his back, he decided to prove me wrong. I laid him on his back while I did some work in the kitchen. And when I checked on him, he was on his tummy. He popped his head up, looked at me, smiled, then put his face down. I walked back to the kitchen and when I checked again, he was on his back! We celebrated with lots of cheering. He was very proud of himself. I'm sure he has done it before in his crib, or even on the floor when I wasn't looking. But now I know for sure that he has figured it out. The small things that make a momma smile.
Last week, Graham and I got Conner a Fisher Price swing to hang from the garage door frame. It isn't a swing set or a playground, but it works and Conner loves it!


I put him in the swing after he ate a late lunch of prunes. NOT a good idea. He went from the swing, to his car seat, then to a grocery cart seat at Wally World. After walking into the store, he proceeded to throw up the prunes. Definitely not a pleasant sight. And it of course is the one day I didn't bring the diaper bag. It was also Conner's first time sitting in the grocery cart like a big boy. I wanted to take a picture, but was too focused on getting in and out of the store quickly and without any more mess.

The newest addition to the menu for my little man was peas.


His response to eating them was less than enthusiastic. I suppose that after blowing his lunch in Walmart, mashed green peas probably wasn't what he was hoping to see in his dinner bowl. He sure looks cute with them all over his face though!

Grandma Welsh comes tomorrow for a visit, and I know she is excited about seeing her grandson. I was very lucky by having the opportunity to be close to all 4 of my grandparents, and I am so thankful that Conner will have that same opportunity.

I am taking Conner on a date tomorrow with a younger woman. We are meeting an old friend of mine for lunch, and she will be bringing her brand new baby girl. I have known her momma since I was in elementary school, and I can't wait to meet her little angel. We were kids together, and now we have babies! Man, I am feeling old!!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment